Whitewater rafting in Oregon and Idaho
Oregon River Experiences: fun and friendly guided rafting trips on ten beautiful
Our trips range from relaxing family floats to thrilling whitewater rafting adventures, and from half-day,
one and two day get-a-ways near Portland and other Oregon towns to three to nine day wilderness journeys in both
Oregon and Idaho.
We run guided, outfitted raft trips on the Rogue, Clackamas,
Salmon, Deschutes, Owyhee,
Umpqua, Santiam, Grande
Ronde, John Day and McKenzie rivers.
We've been sharing adventures with our guests since 1978. We're proud of the trips we offer. You won't find a better river vacation anywhere.
The O.R.E. Difference
Our passion is to provide our guests with unique, rejuvenating vacations.
- Rafting with O.R.E. is different. We create authentic river experiences designed to meet your vacation needs.
With all the details professionally handled for you by our experienced staff, you’ll feel safe and at ease, and you’ll return home relaxed,
renewed and rejuvenated.
We’re the Portland metro area’s only full-time, statewide rafting outfitter. No one offers a wider range of Oregon
(and Idaho) whitewater river trips. Yet we’re a small, owner-operated company.
- Small means you’ll receive personalized service both before and during your trip, and when you call or email us
you’ll typically reach our owner, not an administrative assistant or an answering service.
- Small also means we avoid the temptation to offer trips in other parts of the world. Instead, we stick to what we do
best - river running in the Pacific Northest.
- And small means we’re committed to keeping our costs down and our overhead low, so our prices are very reasonable.
We think you’ll find that an O.R.E. trip is an excellent value for your vacation dollar.
To learn more:
- Click on About O.R.E. for an overview of our company and of the trips we run.
- Click on Rivers and Trips for details about the trips we offer.
- To learn more about how to choose the best trip for you, click or touch Help Me Decide.
- Click on Reservations to secure your place on an O.R.E. adventure. Here you will find instructions concerning how to place your reservation by phone or by mail, and you will find a link to our on-line reservation system.
- Visit the following links to learn more about the special trips we offer for
families, to read about our custom trips for groups and corporations, and to learn about Road Scholar, our educational trips for adults.
- Part of what makes O.R.E. unique is the wide range of boats available on our trips, including paddle
rafts, inflatable kayaks, guided oar rafts, stand up paddleboards, and our exclusive, custom-designed row-your-own catarafts. For details click or touch the Boat Options link.
- Visit our Map Gallery, which provides regional maps and close-up looks as well.
- Click on FAQ for answers to frequently asked questions about O.R.E. and about rafting in general, including "When's the best time to go?", "what do I need to bring?", "when should I place a reservation?" and more.
- Finally, click or touch Contact Us if you'd like to reach us by e-mail, phone, or mail with questions or comments, or if you'd like to request that free trip information be mailed or emailed to you.