Clackamas River Rafting
CLACKAMAS RIVER RAFTING
The Clackamas River Rafting Trip is Portland's most accessible white water river adventure and a great way to experience the thrilling outdoors of Oregon with 3 different options to choose from.
The forested hillside canyon and the cool clear water make for a great way to jump into one of Oregon's rivers. With the many other activities in the area, it makes for a great way to experience some of the area's best outdoor activities through a Clackamas river rafting trip.
To offer a safer and more private experience to our guests; all of our Clackamas River trips are designed to allow you to book a private boat with just a minimum of 2 people. This means WE DON'T MAKE YOU SHARE A BOAT WITH PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF YOUR PARTY. After that it is a low rate compared to other outfitters. All this allows you to have your very own private Oregon River Experience every time.
- Closest white water river rafting trip to Portland.
- Take advantage of a true locals secret, avoid the crowds on the Deschutes and enjoy the backyard of Mt. Hood
- Family friendly, class II river float on the Lower Clackamas.
- Exciting class III-III+ rapids, great for everyone. Big water spring time moves into warm fun summer rapids on the Upper Clackamas.
- Beautiful wooded canyon scenery with great swimming opportunities and fun rapids year round.
UPPER CLACKAMAS RIVER EXPERIENCE:
The most popular day trip and for good reason. With the closest full day rafting to Portland, most people don't know that a mountain canyon filled with pines and roaring rapids awaits them for adventure. This trip meets at 10:00 AM which will get a chance to experience the upper section starting at 3 Lynx Bridge and continuing down river for over 13 miles. This upper section is more scenic with towering cliffs and river banks hidden well from the roadway. Your raft goes through over 15 rapids along tree lined streams and creeks spilling into the river. Part way through the day we will pull over to meet our photographer for a freshly prepared river side lunch. After resting a bit and delighting yourself in the beautiful surroundings, we take off to splash our way further down the river through rapids like Carter Falls and Toilet Bowl, ending the day usually around 4:00 PM back at your car/meeting location.
- UPPER CLACKAMAS RIVER EXPERIENCE: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM*
|CLACKAMAS RIVER EXPERIENCE:||Base Price for 2 people & private boat:||Additional adult after base:||Additional youth after base:||Youth is 12 & under when accompanied by an adult|
|$375||$75||$65||For groups over 18 people, please contact us about pricing.|
UPPER CLACKAMAS RIVER EXCURSION:
The Upper Clackamas River Excursion is for those who want some excitement, but don't quite have enough time to take full advantage of the beautiful river. This section of the river is about a 7 mile trip that includes 8 (class (II-III+) rapids. Its a great way to enjoy some of the beauty of the Pacific NW and still get to have a memorable splashing good time. The pine and fir lined river banks make this both a fun and a scenic trip. With 2 options for trips (morning & afternoon), you can surely make the Clackamas part of you own Oregon River Experince. Our trips include free of extra charges your wetsuit, splash jacket and booties* to make life easier for you and planning. *(ONLY NOVEMBER-JUNE 30).
- UPPER CLACKAMAS RIVER EXCURSION: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- UPPER CLACKAMAS RIVER EXCURSION: 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
|CLACKAMAS RIVER EXCURSION:||Base Price for 2 people & private boat:||Additional adult after base:||Additional youth after base:||Youth is 12 & under when accompanied by an adult|
|$250||$60||$55||For groups over 18 people, please contact us.|
This is the perfect trip for those who just have a little bit of time or for those new to rafting or with smaller kids. With our meeting location only 45 minutes from downtown Portland, anyone can fit this trip in during the busy summer. With quite a few surprising class II/II+ rapids this short 6 mile section still has plenty splash and giggle. Also, the plentiful swimming spots make this a great way to get out and play in the river, while you keep an eye out for Osprey flying overhead.
- LOWER CLACKAMAS RIVER ADVENTURE: 9:15 AM to 12:30 PM*
|LOWER CLACKAMAS RIVER ADVENTURE:||Base Price for 2 people & private boat:||Additional adult after base:||Additional youth after base:||Youth is 12 & under when accompanied by an adult|
|$275||$45||$40||For groups over 18 people, please contact us.|
- Minimum total trip size is 4 for Clackamas River Trips. If your group (combined with other groups who have requested the same trip) together total less than 4 then your reservation will be on hold until the minimum trip size is met. Your credit card will not be charged until trip is confirmed.
- Before you book you may want to review our deposit, cancellation, and refund policies. You can find them here.
- Recommended minimum age is 5 for lower section, 7 for upper section. Spring trips/high water may require older.
- Youth pricing is for 12 & under when accompanied by an adult.
- Thrilling whitewater in the spring.
- A great family trip in the summer.
- Close to Portland yet uncrowded.
- Beautiful scenery, clear water.
- Photos taken of your trip.
- Good camping and hiking nearby.
- Close to Mt Hood and Columbia River Gorge waterfalls..
- Near: Portland
- Trip Length: Half & full day
- Meeting Times: 9:30 AM & 1 PM
- Season: Nov 1 - September
- Trip type: paddle rafting (oar raft by request)
- Whitewater Rating: III (intermediate) (higher in May)
- Suggested minimum age: 7 (except at high water)
What Our Guests Are Saying:
"What a excellent adventure. We started at the Lompoc Oaks Bottom Public House with a great beer. We then headed by van up the Clackamas river to our put-in at Hole in the Wall. The float down the river was so much fun. Our guide Kaelan, had a story for every rapid. The take-out was at Moore Creek. We finished the trip back at Lompoc with a beer flight and dinner!"
"Our full day trip down the Clackamas river was an awesome experience. Everyone had a blast! Out guide, Scout, was super knowledgeable and pleasant - she fit right in with the family. We experienced not only the thrill but also the quiet and beauty of the area. Scout also shared fun games on the river and suggested many a great swim. I also highly encourage to book the photo package! They are memorable!!"
Clackamas river half day
"We all had a great time, the river was beautiful, guide very knowledgeable and they took amazing pictures of us for a good price! Would definitely recommend ORE!!"