Food and Drink on the River
Our meals are vary depending on trip length, river, time of year and the needs and preferences of our guests. But all are high quality, healthful, delicious, and freshly prepared by our guides.
Perishable fruits, vegetables, meats and dairy products are packed on ice. Dishes, utensils and cookware are cleaned after each meal using an approved four step dish washing system, including a sterilizing rinse.
Sample Menu – a Day on the River
- French toast topped with powdered sugar and warm peaches, with crispy bacon, fresh fruit salad, juice, gourmet coffee and tea.
- Other breakfasts include scrambled eggs, fresh-baked Dutch oven cinnamon rolls, breakfast sandwiches, and eggs Benedict.
- Assortment of whole wheat breads, deli meats and cheeses, served buffet-style along with an assortment of additional sandwich ingredients such as onion, tomato, and pepperoncini. Accompanying these items are fresh seasonal fruit, cookies, and cold water and juice.
- Other lunches include curried chicken salad sandwiches, burritos, and pesto pasta salad.
- Gourmet cheese and crackers or melon appetizer followed by grilled salmon served with Caesar salad and red potatoes topped with a light basil cream sauce.
- Other dinners include beef bourguignon, Thai green curry, enchiladas, and lasagna.
- Chocolate fondue served with fresh seasonal fruit for dipping.
- Other desserts include cheese cake, strawberry shortcake, Dutch oven baked brownies, apple crisp, and rhubarb pie.
Our menus are designed to be enable us to accommodate a variety of medical dietary restrictions as well as personal dietary preferences. Our meals are prepared on the river rather than pre-made, so it is typically easy for us to prepare portions on the side that lack (for instance) onions you may be allergic to, or meat for those who are vegetarian or vegan.
If you have specific dietary needs or preferences then please let us know. And feel free to call or email us if you have any questions about meals.
Vegans and Vegetarians: All of our menus include ample fresh fruits and vegetables. When our guests let us know that they are vegetarian or vegan we add can add hummus, tofu, and other protein sources to our meals. Also, meals that normally include animal or dairy products will be prepared so that separate portions are available without these ingredients.
Food allergies (including nut, gluten, and dairy): Meals will be prepared so that side dishes are available that avoid these items. As appropriate we will also provide substitutes such as soy milk or gluten free breads, snacks and pasta.
Youthful preferences: Children can be picky eaters. So we are happy to provide kid-friendly meal options upon request such as hot dogs, hamburgers, macaroni and cheese, and grilled-cheese sandwiches. In addition, peanut butter and jelly is always available.
Water is always available, and juice is available in camp and at lunch each day. Coffee as well as hot water for tea and hot chocolate is available in camp, and fruit juices are served in the mornings with breakfast. We are happy to serve wine complementary with dinner. This wine comes from our friends and partners at Goose Ridge Winery. We feature their Cascadian Outfitters label on our trips.
You are welcome to bring soda, beer, additional wine, or spirits or other drinks, and we will endeavor to keep these on ice for you as needed. Please avoid glass containers when possible.
Book A Trip
Trips on 10 Rivers
"We can only hope that others can experience such an adventure. The meals were impressive, healthy and fun. The rafting equipment provided was excellent. The training and personalities of the guides were perfect. The best vacation of our lives!"
- Russ & Kate H., Salmon River
"What an experience! The guides were exceptional as was the food. It was magical how they turned out a gourmet meal every morning, noon and evening right there in the wilderness. Oregon is a beautiful state...the scenery unsurpassed. It will live in my memory a long time. I'm glad I chose ORE!"
- Elenore S., Rogue River